YOUR STORY BEGINS HERE
The CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre is a full time course that will give you the skills required to launch your career as a Musical performer for stage and screen. The CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre is completed in two semesters of sixteen weeks, over one year.
Throughout the course, your intensive training will take you across multiple acting, vocal and dance performance techniques to develop an intensive skills foundation. This skills and knowledge development will equip you to perform from an individual and ensemble perspective, allowing you to enter the Musical Theatre industry with a hunger to contribute, and the confidence to succeed.
Being a successful practitioner in the world of Musical Theatre requires more than just the ability to perform well, it requires a detailed knowledge of the industry, and the ability to create your own work. Alongside your performance training, you will develop the skills to produce and promote your own work. The professional business training you receive will allow you to negotiate the areas of self-promotion, finance and performance health.
ISA Musical Theatre training allows students to develop a truly integrated knowledge of the live and screen based performance world. Students are encouraged to create independent networks and projects to further their industry contacts and develop their experience.
The result of your training will be strong skills in all aspects of Musical Theatre Performance, practical knowledge of the industry, and the technical ability to generate your own work and opportunities.
Acting Professional Skills Base
From a professional skill base point of view the skills you will acquire during the CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre will be:
- Self-management and effective time management
- Implementation of contractual arrangements
- Professional industry language and protocols
- Effective and creative functioning in collaborative enterprises
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and executing projects
- The ability to express and identify creative processes
- Resources and methods to continue creative development
- Effective goal setting
- Development of personal methodology in preparation and execution of performance
- Experience in Musical productions across a range of formats, genre and content types, for screen or for stage.
- Refine contemporary dance techniques and acting techniques in Musical Theatre.
- Perform in screen and media productions, operating in complex technical environments in a studio and on location.
Entry Requirements and Application Submission
Applicants must have a suitable level of academic skills in order to study in a Diploma course.
To apply for this course you must complete our acting application. Shortly after you submit your application one of ISA’s friendly staff will be in contact with you to arrange your initial interview, tour and audition.
Please see our student entry procedures for more details.
ACTING COURSE CALENDARS
CUA50213 DIPLOMA OF MUSICAL THEATRE
Course calendar for students commencing in February 2018.