YOUR STORY BEGINS HERE
The Diploma of Musical Theatre will provide you with the training necessary to develop your skills as a musical theatre performer. The Diploma is a one-year course; hence completed over two 20-week semesters, four days per week.
The CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre addresses the specific industry need of producing employable screen-ready actors – with Musical Theatre ability – upon graduation. In addition to world class Acting and Musical Theatre training staffed by some of Australia’s leading tutors, the course is unique in its focus on the industry business skills and multi-disciplinary production skills that consequently enable actors to create their own employment opportunities upon graduation from the course.
The delivery of the Diploma qualification emphasises musical productions for the screen, however performers will also be prepared for work in stage musicals and cabaret productions accordingly. This course above all will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to be able to perform in musical productions across a range of formats, genre and content types. Furthermore you will graduate from the ISA with the required skills to enter the voice-over industry.
The Diploma culminates in a final musical production and showcase for invited industry guests.
To successfully complete the CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre qualification, you must complete 16 units of competency. The units are outlined in the table below:
ACTING PROFESSIONAL SKILLS BASE
From a professional skill base point of view the skills you will acquire during the CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre will be:
- Self-management and effective time management
- Implementation of contractual arrangements
- Professional industry language and protocols
- Effective and creative functioning in collaborative enterprises
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and executing projects
- The ability to express and identify creative processes
- Resources and methods to continue creative development
- Effective goal setting
- Development of personal methodology in preparation and execution of performance
- Experience in Musical productions across a range of formats, genre and content types, for screen or for stage accordingly.
- Refine contemporary dance techniques and acting techniques in Musical Theatre.
- Perform in screen and media productions, operating in complex technical environments in a studio and on location.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION SUBMISSION
Applicants must have a suitable level of academic skills in order to study in a Diploma course.
To apply for this course you must complete our acting application. Shortly after you submit your application one of ISA’s friendly staff will then be in contact with you to arrange your initial interview, tour and also your audition dates too.
Please see our student entry procedures for more details.
If you have any questions on our school or course certainly feel free to get in touch. If you are eager to pursue a musical theatre career with an emphasis on stage and screen, then the ISA is most probably the place for you.
Furthermore, for a behind the scenes look of life at the ISA visit our school Instagram here.
MUSICAL THEATRE COURSE CALENDAR
CUA50213 DIPLOMA OF MUSICAL THEATRE
Course calendar for students commencing in February 2018.